Hanging baskets throughout your home is a great way to decorate and make some extra storage space. You may be hesitant to use nails to hang these baskets but there is a very simple alternative: use command strip hooks! These hooks come off easily with no damage to your walls. Here is a step-by-step tutorial on how you can use command trips throughout your home to hang baskets.
1. Read the instructions on the command strip package carefully.
2. Apply the strip to the back of the hook.
3. Remove the backing sticker and apply it firmly to the wall.
4. Wait about an hour before you hang anything.
5. Take the basket and hang it on the hook with its handle.
6. If your basket doesn’t have a handle, hang it on the hook by the bottom of the basket.
7. Make sure that the basket is centered on the hook.
If you need some inspiration on how to decorate your home with baskets, here are some examples.
When you are ready to remove your basket, just take off the basket and slide the hook up. Then pull the tab straight down and it should come off completely. If for whatever reason, the tab breaks, don’t worry. The Command Strips website offers a solution: Heat up the base plate with a hair dryer to soften the adhesive. Then use a piece of dental floss to cut through the foam and remove the hook from the surface. You can then stretch or peel off the remaining adhesive left on the wall.